_____

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Second Best Ideas for App Related Startups

Continuing on with my series on Ideas for Startups that I'm not going to pursue for one reason or another, I have come up with a couple others that are app related. The reason why I am not trying to develop these are many: I may not think there is much profit potential, I may not have enough expertise around the topic to make it successful, I may not have the time, or a myriad of other reasons. So here they are.

What Kind of Dog is That?

This is what I call the "What Kind of Dog is That?" app. Have you ever seen a dog and wondered what type of breed it is? Or maybe you own a mixed breed and you wander what breeds your dog has? Maybe you are going to an animal shelter and you want to get a golden retriever mix, and you want to make sure it has golden retriever in it.

What if you could just take a picture of the dog with your smart phone and an app, using facial recognition technology, could tell you what type of dog it is and what breeds went into the mix?

Free Birthday Cake


Many restaurants provide a free dessert if you are having dinner there for a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary. How about an app where you could plug in your birthday and the birthdays of your family members (and anniversary date), and it would alert you as the birth date approaches to a list of restaurants in your area that will give you a free dessert. In addition, if any of these restaurants had "birthday clubs", it would automaticly register you for them. You would benefit by getting a free dessert and the restaurants would benefit because by giving out the dessert, they would pull in you and one or several other people to celebrate.

Do these ideas sound good? Going to give any a try? Let me know how it goes. I hope you become wealthy doing so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment